Welcome to Bugbee Elementary School!
Kelly Brouse, Principal
Katie Feldman, Curriculum Specialist
1943 Asylum Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117
Phone: 860-929-5500 Fax: 860-236-2486
Check out Ms. Nascimento's summer reading website for book recommendations, activities and information on using Wandoo Reader online platform to log books read over the summer. We can't wait to hear about what you read this summer!
Check out this article about the 20th Annual Town Wide Track Meet that included Mr. Lopez and a group of 5th graders.
Bugbee In The News
- International Night 2018: A highlight of the year for our community! Check out some pictures from our event in The Courant and the article in We-ha.com.
- Gratitude Campaign: Check out this article about Bugbee's 'Look for the Good' project led by 5th graders.
- Hurricane Relief: Bugbee students connect with schools in Texas and Florida to raise funds after the hurricane. Read the story here.
- Crosstown Connections Through Music: Check out this West Hartford Press article about how Bugbee and COIA students collaborated in a virtual music community!
- Fill-a-Bus 2017: What an amazing accomplishment! The Bugbee community collected over 4,000 food items to donate to the WH Food Pantry. Check out this article for more information.
- West Hartford Life article about Bugbee and COIA students collaborating after a visit to the New Britain Museum of American Art.
- Fourth Grade Student Helps Shelter Animals. Read about how one of our fourth grade students used a reading project to help an animal shelter. Another article in The Courant.
- Bugbee was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School for 2013! U.S. Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan recognized Bugbee School as a National Blue Ribbon School for 2013! The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program award recognizes public and private elementary, middle, and high schools where students either achieve very high learning standards or are making notable improvements toward those standards. The National Blue Ribbon School award affirms the hard work of students, educators, families, and communities in outstanding schools.