Fourth grade is a very exciting year. We kick off the school year with our ecology unit and field trips to Westmoor Park, The MDC water treatment plant and Hammonasset State Park. Our Winter Luncheon is a wonderful way for students to participate in a formal banquet with their peers. In the spring students will learn the steps to plan a trip to New York City. This experience allows them to implement the skills learned in our elapsed time and money unit. Some families even take the actual trip and follow the student's itinerary.
Be sure to bookmark this site and check back frequently for what’s happening here at Aiken in fourth grade. This site also contains wonderful links for age-appropriate activities for fourth grade students. Please check the site often, as it’s a great opportunity to stay connected to your class. We are looking forward to a terrific school year! Thanks!
Please make sure your child has a quiet environment to work with no distraction.
2. Homework is a reinforcement of concepts learned at school. Children are not expected to learn something new at home.
3. Assignment notebooks are filled out each day prior to leaving school.
4. Time Expectations
30 minutes of skill reinforcement
10 minutes of fact practice
20 minutes of independent reading
5. The students are required to log their pages read each day and ask a parent or guardian to sign their Reading Gumball Log prior to turning it in to their teacher on Friday.
6. Take an interest and lend a hand when needed. If your child is having a very difficult time, please let us know as soon as possible.
7. Giving Praise + Promoting Independence = the BEST way to HELP!
Character Sketch For Reading Gumballs